You are a BI/BA – Data Modeller with enterprise grade experience. You have a thorough understanding of how data traverses business processes and domains like customer, production, supply chain, sales and marketing. Ideally you will have broad experience and you are a good communicator who understands the pressures that exist within the business environment.
Working at Stellar
Stellar is owned and operated in New Zealand by New Zealanders. As an award-winning BI, data, and analytics business, we are no stranger to success. Our people, our customers, and enabling insights to deliver success are super-important to us and are reflected in our company values.
All our consultants have worked offshore and come from different walks of life. Stellar are technology agnostic and while we partner with the biggest vendors, professional services that deliver better outcomes are our key focus. We are all driven by delivering tangible results for our customers and get job satisfaction from seeing the results first-hand. You will quickly find that the team is dynamic and supportive, and everyone is brilliant at what they do.
We offer all consultants a professional development programme, up to date training and attendance at conferences to help everyone stay at the top of their game and expand professional networks.
Finally – and perhaps most importantly, at Stellar there is no B Team. All our consultants are experts in their field and are committed to delivering great results, so, you will be working with New Zealand’s best.
- Facilitated data requirement meetings with business and technical stakeholders and resolved conflicts to drive decisions.
- Solid understanding of how good quality, consistent data can have a positive impact on business process and business outcomes.
- Involved in various projects related to data modelling, system/data analysis, design and development.
- Established and maintained comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and a track record of customer interactions
- 10+ years in Information Technology with expertise in data modelling for data warehouse/data mart development
- Developed mapping spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to target data mapping with physical naming standards, data types, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
- Practical understanding of data modelling (dimensional & relational) concepts like star-schema modelling, Snowflake schema modelling, fact, and dimension tables.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalisation/de-normalisation, data extraction, data cleansing and data manipulation.
- Familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business Analytics, support teams, SME’s, database administrators and database developers.
- Good understanding of views, synonyms, indexes, joins and partitioning as well as ETL experience.
- Exposure in overall SDLC including requirement gathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, and production support.
Some more about the role…
You can start immediately. You will be based in Wellington and the job will entail some (domestic!) travel. We have a small but buzzing team in the capital and are looking for someone special to join our ranks. We have a wide range of customers across public and corporate, so you will be exposed to interesting challenges across sectors.
Reflecting the importance of the role, Stellar is offering a fantastic package to the successful applicant. We remunerate the best to attract the best.
Sound like you? Please send us your CV to let us know a bit about yourself, your skills, and your strengths so we can explore this role further with you.